She Can & She Did is a storytelling platform dedicated to building a community of unapologetic, vulnerable, ambitious, diverse, and unified women.
You don’t need to be a fancy pants writer to submit to She Can & She Did, we welcome voices of all different backgrounds and perspectives. All we ask is that you speak, share, and question honestly, vulnerably, and with compassion. It's OK if you don't have all the answers, all we're asking is for you to speak your truth.
Now, to help get your stories flowing, we’ve narrowed in on three different areas:
The Good, The Bad (Happy Endings Optional), and The Everything Else.
From career and family to body image and letters to our former selves, sharing our stories can be an incredible vehicle for change. Don’t worry about making your writing perfect, just send your stories in. We’re here to make you shine!
The good is about sharing the stories of how you defied expectations. How the sacrifices, support, guidance, and courage from the women in your life inspired you to become who you are today.
The Bad (Happy Ending Optional):
Belonging, breakups, heartbreak, loss, grief, setbacks, failure, fear, body image, and self-doubt. Behind every resilient woman is one who has been to hell and back again. These are the stories that need to be heard because when we expose our imperfect journeys to each other, we create a world where acceptance and belonging are universal. Happy endings optional.
The Everything Else:
From identity and purpose to equal pay and inequality, the everything else is just that, everything you’ve learned, discovered, or want to question and change.
Need help getting started?
Not sure what to write? Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Who is the most influential woman in your life? In what ways does she inspire you?
- What is the story behind how you fought to make a dream or goal a reality?
- What is the story behind why you decided to join the #SportsBraSquad?
- If you could deliver a letter to a younger version of yourself, what would you say?
- Do you have a picture of yourself the moment when everything changed? Tell that story.
- What is the story behind the moment you realized you're stronger than you ever imagined?
When submitting your stories, art, images, videos, poems, essays, and pieces to She Can & She Did, please remember to:
- Include your name, email, photograph, and, if you’d like, your social media handle. (If you'd like to share anonymously, include your name and email but let us know that you'd like to remain anonymous.)
- We know how much work goes into your pieces, and they will be treated with the respect they deserve. Every submission will be responded to within 2-3 weeks.
- When including a story of an inspiring woman in your life, include their email so we can reach out to them before sharing.
When you’re ready, submit your story to Submit@SheCanAndSheDid.com
IMPORTANT LEGAL DISCLAIMER:
By submitting an essay, op-ed, article, feature, story, poem, or fiction piece, you're agreeing to SheCanAndSheDid.com’s terms of service, which include:
You relinquish rights to monetary compensation for work published on this site.
You agree to allow She Can & She Did to make changes to the title of the piece, if we deem it necessary prior to publication.